Independent Governance Group is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce. Organisations are required under statute to adhere to the Equality Act 2010. There is substantial research to show that diversity brings many advantages to an organisation: increased profitability and creativity, stronger governance and better problem-solving abilities. Employees with diverse backgrounds bring to bear their own perspectives, ideas and experiences, helping to create organisations that are resilient and effective, and which outperform organisations that do not invest in diversity. It is therefore within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace.
Equality means treating people fairly, to value and respect them regardless of their natural characteristics. Diversity is about creating a culture which values individual differences and variety for the benefit of society, individuals and organisations.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees and potential new recruits are given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our employment and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity or paternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. When Independent Governance Group selects candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, it will be on the basis of their aptitude and ability.
All employees will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents. This should help to ensure that the skills and resources of our organisation are fully utilised and that we maximise the efficiency of our whole workforce.
Independent Governance Group’s commitments:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, and to discipline those that breach this policy.
- To make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all staff.
- To promote equality in the workplace, which the Company believes is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- To encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times.
Independent Governance Group expects all employees to adhere to the equality, diversity and inclusion policy in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace. To ensure this happens we bring this policy to the attention of all new recruits and train employees on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion on an annual basis. The policy will also be available to all clients, advisors, suppliers and job applicants.
Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality, diversity and inclusion is continually promoted in the workplace.
Independent Governance Group encourage anyone, including employees and contractors to report, in good faith, any issue or concerns through our confidential whistle blowing procedure.
This policy is fully supported and approved by the Board.